Please take your own decisions and due diligence before sharing your trips with other members of the website. The website offers the platform for exchange. Site is not recommending any individual person. Individual person?s rating is also based on other fellow members, like you. The website (OliveTrips), its founders, its officials, website designers and application developers, hosting, internet and other technical services providers, advertisers and any person directly or indireclty related with OliveTrips cannot be sued or held liable/responsible for misconduct or misbehaviour of users of the website or any consequences or event arising out of using the website. Please take your own judgment and decision while travelling with other users of the website.
OliveTrips.com welcomes public and/or governmental use of the system by employers, private or public institutions or regional transportation authorities.
www.OliveTrips.com (including its affiliated domains) (the "Website") is a community content website operated by the founders and their affiliates (referred to as ?OliveTrips? or ?we? or ?us?). Content is uploaded by OliveTrips and other users of the Website.
- The terms and conditions of use are subject to change at any time. Your use of the services after such changes constitutes acceptance of the changes.
OliveTrips?s Proprietary Rights
You agree that the founders (or its affiliates, as the case may be) are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, and the Website itself is a collective work and/or compilation solely owned by the founders. The Website is protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world.
You may not copy, distribute, reproduce, sell, lease, assign, rent, sublicense, encumber any aspect of the Website or any Content
- You also may not modify or create derivative works of any aspect of the Website or any Content, other than with respect to your own Content .
- You may not disassemble or decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Website or any software or database connected to the Website.
OliveTrips.com does provide several features to help ensure your privacy as well as possible in accordance with Internet standards, while collecting from you the information necessary to find carpool/bikepool matches or share a ride for you. We will only use your information to help you find carpool/bikepool partners. OliveTrips.com uses standard Internet technology and practices to ensure the availability and reliability of its website and to protect the security of the information stored in it. Unfortunately however, disruptions are always possible as a result of accidents or intentional interference. In no event are OliveTrips.com or its operators or its affiliates (including but not limited to website and application developers, hosting providers, technical service providers, internet service provider, any company or person directly or indirectly related with OliveTrips) liable for any injuries or losses by any party related to the use of this web site. By using the services offered in this site, you agree to assume the risk when using the services described herein including, but not limited to, all of the risks associated with any online or offline interactions or associations with other users. You agree to take all precautions necessary prior to and while utilizing the services offered herein. You also agree to read the safety section below which offers safety suggestions.
OliveTrips.com reserves the ultimate right to judge acceptable use. OliveTrips.com may change, delete or de-activate any user's information as required to ensure acceptable use without any liability whatsoever to any party. Your specific freedoms and restrictions are as follows: You may create, change, de-activate or delete trip information in this website at any time as needed to help you find other people to share your transportation. You may create multiple trips, but please do not create more than one record for a single trip (do not enter the same trip twice under two different names) because this will clutter the system with duplicate information. If you create a second trip temporarily to 'test' our matching function, please delete one of the trips after your test is completed. If you have more than one trip to match, or if you have one 'standing' trip for your daily commute plus additional trips for one-time events such as cross-country trips, you may create as many trip records as you need (each will require a unique traveler name). If you use the system for one-time trips, please de-activate or delete the trip record after you take your trip. You must communicate with other users in a civil, polite manner. No abusive language will be tolerated. OliveTrips.com reserves the right to remove the information for any user who does not comply with the spirit of the OliveTrips.com community, as judged by the operators of OliveTrips.com, without any liability whatsoever to any party. OliveTrips.com welcomes commercial and/or governmental use of the system by employers, private or public institutions or regional transportation authorities. We also welcome use of our system by transportation companies and organizations including bus services, vanpool services, taxi companies, limousine services, passenger van rental companies, etc. However, all of these uses, and any use other than non-commercial individual use, must be done under contract with OliveTrips.com. OliveTrips.com provides enhanced carpool management features for commercial/governmental use. Information concerning commercial arrangements may be requested at Care@OliveTrips.com.
OliveTrips.com provides a service that enables you to contact and meet new people who may have similar transportation needs. OliveTrips.com cannot and does not ensure the lawful behavior of the people exchanging information through its web site. You take full responsibility for ensuring your personal safety when interacting with other people whom you meet through OliveTrips.com. We do not and can not guarantee your personal security. We have no specific qualifications to advise you on issues of personal safety, however, following practices are suggested as examples and illustrations of actions you could take to ensure your personal safety:
- You do not have to disclose your actual home address and work address to other users of OliveTrips.com.
- Record the driver's license and car registration information of the other person's car. Obtain a copy of the driver?s insurance card or record the driver?s automobile insurance carrier and policy information.
- Carry a mobile or cell phone while driving or being driven in case of an emergency.
- If you are the driver, record the personal information of your riders.
- Maybe you can take a few pictures of your carpool partners and their cars. Give this information to your friends or family.
OliveTrips.com only requests the minimal information necessary to perform automatic carpool matching. OliveTrips only collects your information to provide you with a ride-sharing service. OliveTrips will match your post with other relevant posts based on travel path relevance and timing and criteria defined by yourself. It will lucidly display the result to you along with member?s rating points. If you feel that those members are relevant and of use to you, you may choose to click on ?Show Interest?. OliveTrips will then only send that person Email and SMS (based on eligibility and user?s setting) about it. Once both parties (you and other person offering or availing car/bike pool) agree to share their mobile number or email then only, we allow to display details to each other.
OliveTrips.com will not provide your information to anyone else, for purpose other than mentioned herein above, unless we are lawfully compelled to do so by a legal authority or to protect or defend its or its affiliates? rights, property or those of third parties, or to protect someone?s safety.
OliveTrips.com does not send spam and does not employ any intrusive advertising techniques.
Please note the following specific privacy-related issues and features:
- You do not have to use your real name. You identify yourself in our system with any unique login name you desire. You must provide a working email address and a mobile number. Because we allow other users to send you emails and SMS if they think you are a good match for their trip.
- For an added measure of privacy, if you desire, you can get yourself another email address and use that email address for your OliveTrips.com email. We do not display your email address to other users (we do not even include it in our .html source).
In any event, you take full responsibility for your use of OliveTrips.com, and by using this web site you acknowledge your agreement that OliveTrips.com has no liability whatsoever for any problem that arises from its use. You are solely responsible for and assume all liability regarding the information and content you distribute, post, transmit or publish through this site and for the interactions resulting from the use of this site. We recommend that you do not provide specific identifying information, but you can provide whatever information you desire.
We reserve the right to edit your trip description to ensure appropriate use of the web site according to our own judgment.
Carbon Emission Reduction Credits
OliveTrips.com intends to report emissions of greenhouse gases avoided as a result of carpooling activity to certifying and regulatory bodies for the purpose of having the avoided emissions certified as verifiable emissions abatement. Such certification cannot and will not be on the basis of the activity of any individual or group of individuals participating in any one carpool alone but rather on the basis of calculations of activity and emissions avoided aggregated across large numbers of participants in carpooling activities. You acknowledge and agree that should the Company be successful in achieving certification of emissions avoided as a result of carpooling activity at any time during your registration with the company that you will not claim any of the value and you have no automatic right to claim any value of any certified emissions abatement that may be achieved. Website may in the future, but need not, offer you some benefit as a result of achieving certification of emissions abatement from carpooling activity.
Should the Company be successful in achieving certification of emissions avoided as the result of carpooling activity members will be notified. You have the option to terminate your membership at any time by using the procedure set out under 'Registration'.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- You use the Website at your own risk.
- The Website is provided without warranty and is provided on an ?as is, as available? basis.
- OliveTrips.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties of any kind, whether oral or written, whether express, implied, or arising by statute, custom, course of dealing or trade usage, with respect to the website or any services provided hereunder. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, OliveTrips specifically disclaims the following with respect to the website:
- Implied warranties or conditions of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of any service or good acquired by you from a third party;
- Of the accuracy, timeliness, security and performance of the website, or
- Freedom from any errors or viruses, Trojans, worms, Logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
Limitation of Liabilities
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, OliveTrips hereby expressly excludes any liability for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation) direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
In particular, OliveTrips is not liable for any damages or losses resulting to you or a third party from:
- the use or the inability to use the Website;
- services or goods acquired through the Website;
- any Content displayed on the Website; or
- a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Links to Third Party Sites (including Social networks)
Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Notification of Claims of Infringement
- It is forbidden to post any Content that violates any international, federal, national, local copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property laws applicable in India or abroad wherever the users are located.
- OliveTrips is not responsible for any Content submitted by a user that infringes another?s proprietary rights.
- If you are aware of any Content that you believe infringes on yours or a third party?s proprietary rights, please contact us.
- Please include in any such notice:
- a link to the alleged infringing material;
- a description of the alleged infringing material;
- a statement contesting that the copyrighted material was not posted by the holder or permitted licensee of said copyright;
- your contact details (including email address); and
- your signature (physical or electronic).
Limitations on Your Usage of the Website
- OliveTrips may establish any limitations, in our sole discretion, on your usage of the Website, including, but not limited to, limitations on the length of time that Content may remain on the Website, the file size of an individual item of Content, number of items of Content that can be posted.
Conduct & Acceptable Use; No Spam
- You agree to not post, email, or make available through the Website any Content that is objectionable to OliveTrips or in contradiction to applicable laws or regulations. In this regard, you agree not to post, email or make available through the Website any Content that:
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libelous, invasive or any information harmful to minors;
- is of a political nature and/or is critical of any government or municipal employee in any jurisdiction.
- is pornographic or any kind of nudity, sexually explicit or perverse content;
- is racist or discriminatory content towards any race, religion, creed, nationality, gender or any other grouping of individuals;
- impersonates any another person;
- includes personally identifiable information about another person without their permission;
- is false or deceptive;
- solicits the sale of goods or services, except when (1) posted in the appropriately designated area of the Website for such sales, or (2) emailed to another user of the Website who expressly wish to be contacted by you;
- includes links to other websites, except when (1) expressly approved by OliveTrips in writing, and (2) posted in a posting uploaded by you in the appropriately designated area;
- advertises the sale of anything illegal under any applicable law or regulation in the jurisdiction you are selling the product from or to;
- violates any applicable international, federal, national, local copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property laws;
- contains any software viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- disrupts the normal flow with an excessive number of messages; or
- uses misleading contact details to disguise the true origin.
- You further agree not to:
- contact people who do not wish to be contacted;
- stalk or harass other users of the Website;
- collect personal information about users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- post Content that is irrelevant or unrelated to the category or discussion thread where such Content is posted;
- post the same good or service in more than two categories;
- to post, email, make available through the Website or contact OliveTrips or any other users of the Website with any spam, junk mail, chain letters, pyramid or Ponzi schemes, or unsolicited email advertisements; or
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website,
for the avoidance of doubt, the above list of prohibited content and actions is not exhaustive and OliveTrips reserves the right to (i) remove any content that it considers (in its absolute and sole discretion) to be objectionable or in contradiction to applicable laws or regulations without notice; and (ii) take necessary steps to prevent persons who post content and/or conduct themselves in contravention of various this Clause 9 from accessing the Website.
Dealings with Third Party Organization and Individuals
- OliveTrips.com provides a service that enables you to contact and meet new people who may have similar transportation needs. OliveTrips does not sell any item listed on the Website directly and is never a party to any transaction between users. As a result, OliveTrips does not (a) guarantee or ensure any item listed on the Website or any transaction between a two or more users, (b) collect or process payment or transfer of title on behalf of users , or (c) warehouse, store, ship or deliver any item/service listed on the Website. Furthermore, OliveTrips is not responsible for, nor holds itself out as promoting, any interaction or dealing between you and 1 or more other user(s) of the Website, and OliveTrips will not be liable in any way for any such interactions or dealings.
- You will not hold OliveTrips responsible for other users' Content, actions or inactions, items/services they list or the destruction of allegedly fake items/services. While we may help facilitate the resolution of disputes, OliveTrips is not obliged to participate in any dispute between you and other user(s) of the Website. We have no control over and do not guarantee the quality, safety or legality of items/services offered/advertised, the truth or accuracy of users? Content or listings.
- You acknowledge that OliveTrips does not monitor, verify or approve Content, and that you are solely responsible for evaluating and verifying the accuracy of any Content posted on the Website.
Termination of Access to the Website
- OliveTrips reserves the right to delete any of your Content from the Website at any time.
- OliveTrips is not liable to you or a third party for any termination of your access to the Website or deletion of your posted Content.
- You agree not to try to use the Website after said termination.
Governing Law & Dispute Resolution
- These terms are governed by the laws of India including any local laws excluding any choice-of-law rules. The place of jurisdiction is Vadodara, Gujarat only.
- In the event of any disputes between you and OliveTrips, OliveTrips is open to first attempting to resolve the dispute in an informal and amicable manner.
- The arbitration shall be conducted in the English language. The arbitration award shall be final and binding on the parties. The arbitral tribunal may award reasonable attorneys? fees and the cost of the arbitration to the prevailing party.
- Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof or having jurisdiction over the relevant party or its assets.
- If the arbitral panel has not been formed, any party may seek interim relief from any court having jurisdiction thereof or having jurisdiction over the relevant party or its assets, to which both you and OliveTrips hereto do hereby submit for this limited purpose.